As part of the programs, financial support will be provided at a rate of 50% or 75% of the expenses for a program that has the potential to have an extraordinary impact on the promotion of the health system and public health in Israel and the world or that constitutes a technological breakthrough in its field
The Innovation Authority, the Ministry of Health and Digital Israel Headquarters in the Ministry of Social Equality will grant an initial sum of NIS 50 million to companies for R&D programs and demonstration of systems, products or technological solutions to deal with the challenges of the Covid-19 (coronavirus) epidemic. In addition, the Innovation Authority, the Ministry of Economy and Industry and the Association of Manufacturers are calling on manufacturing plants to submit R&D plans, acceleration and implementation of industrial products that promote competitiveness and leadership in the fight against the virus.
As part of the programs, financial support will be provided at a rate of 50% or 75% of the expenses for a program that has the potential to have an extraordinary impact on the advancement of the health system and public health in Israel and the world or that constitutes a technological breakthrough in its field. The activity is carried out in cooperation and coordination with the activities of PAAT (Ministry of Defense) and receives assistance from them.
Eli Cohen, Minister of Economy and Industry: "The government of Israel has allocated NIS 50 million to the issue of developing and implementing technologies to fight the corona virus immediately. The voices calling with which the government is coming out today are offered to the high-tech industry immediately: any company that has a solution, whether it is at the feasibility stage or already has one A finished product that can be implemented immediately in our health services - you are welcome to contact the Innovation Authority today. At the same time, we call on productive entities that can help in the development or speeding up the production of technologies that can help the medical system and the relevant general protection to help us."
Gila Gamliel, the Minister of Social Equality and in charge of the Digital Israel Headquarters: "The Ministry of Social Equality through the Digital Israel Headquarters calls on the industry and the start-up companies to cooperate and find solutions to the corona virus together. Together, we can find ideas for the technological development of new products and make adjustments to existing products. Israel is the nation of startups, and we must mobilize the creativity of the entrepreneurs in Israel to win the war for the health of all of us.'
The Innovation Authority, the Ministry of Health and the Israel Digital Headquarters in the Ministry of Social Equality, are calling on Israeli high-tech companies to submit plans for the development, testing and implementation of systems, products or technological solutions to deal with the challenges of the Covid-19 epidemic (coronavirus), including technological ideas or applications in their stages The first ones (Ideation).
At the same time, the Innovation Authority, the Ministry of Economy and Industry, in cooperation with the Manufacturers Association, issues a call inviting manufacturing plants that produce industrial products, designed to prevent, treat and deal with the COVID19 virus, to submit requests for assistance for R&D and technological innovation programs. The production plants will be supported in programs that include the development of products, raw materials, technologies and innovative production processes, applied demonstration, prototype development or process development for the transition from experimental production to serial production. These programs must be innovative in relation to the company's capabilities and create value in dealing with the virus. The plans will be submitted on a dedicated and abbreviated form and will be reviewed in a quick procedure. Can be submitted immediately and continuously in order to provide a quick response to companies and accelerate the development and implementation of solutions.
The Authority will support both short-term and medium-long term projects, and in all phases: from the idea phase to the development phases, the running and testing phases, and the demonstration and implementation phases (including the implementation of the product on a large scale in health organizations or in Israel).
The evaluation of the ideas and projects will be carried out by the Authority's technological setup with the assistance of Ministry of Health experts and other government partners, including the Israeli security establishment.
Projects that pass the screening will be able to receive financial support from the News Authority, and support for development and production processes from the defense establishment.
Companies that pass the Research Committee of the Innovation Authority, and receive a positive assessment for further investment, will be able to contact several leading investment bodies for further acceleration of development and implementation rates
In these readers' voices there is no limit on fields, and they can include any field relevant or tangential to the topic.
• Financial support at a rate of up to 50% of program expenses.
• Financial support will be provided at the rate of 60% or 75% of the expenses for a program that has the potential to have an extraordinary impact on the promotion of the health system and public health in Israel and the world or that constitutes a technological breakthrough in its field.
• Abbreviated submission form.
• Short response times of the Authority's inspection system: the company must be available for a meeting with the inspectors two to three days after submitting the application
• Continuous submission is expected, it is possible and desirable to submit early.
• Answers: expected within ten days from the deadline for submission.
At the same time, the Innovation Authority published three 3 reader votes intended for companies at different stages and with different answers:
1. A call for assistance requests for technological ideas or applications formulated in early stages (Ideation) that can help deal with the challenges of the corona virus.
2. A call for projects in the development stages, in the running stages and in the demonstration stages (including semi-commercial installation) that will be able to help deal with the challenges of the corona virus - installing a product and implementing it. including the assimilation of the product on a large scale in the health organizations.
3. A call for research and development programs for industrial products designed to prevent, treat and deal with the COVID19 virus.
More of the topic in Hayadan:
- Against the background of the spread of the corona virus: what is a 'super distributor'? An infectious disease specialist explains
- When a virus changes governance arrangements - and Israel becomes a surveillance state (and why that's good)
- What can the Black Death teach us about the global economic consequences of an epidemic like the Corona?